There is a good chance that someone will win $1.5 billion tonight, according to Powerball officials. Question – what do you once you win? Enter billionaire Mark Cuban.
Business Insider talked to Cuban, who is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, about what potential lottery winners need to do when those numbers match & your bank account becomes a little bit bigger.
1. Hire a tax attorney.
2. Don’t take the lump sum. You don’t want to blow it all at once.
3. If you weren’t happy yesterday, you won’t be happy tomorrow. It’s money, not happiness.
4. If you were happy yesterday, you are going to be a lot happier tomorrow. It’s money. Life gets easier when you don’t have to worry about the bills.
5. Don’t tell all your friends & relatives. If they ask you for money, tell them no. If you are close to them, you already know who needs help and what they need. Feel free to help SOME, but talk with your accountant before handing out money.
6. Don’t make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever.
BONUS TIP: Be nice to people because no one likes a mean billionaire.