Beware: Mercury is in retrograde.
Three or four times a year, Mercury passes the earth in its orbit. As it rounds the bend, Mercury slows down and appears to stop (station) and spin backward (retrograde). … In astrology, Mercury rules communication, travel, and technology—so all of these areas go haywire for about three weeks.
Below a top 10 list of what you should avoid between now and May 3.
TOP 10 Things Not To Do During Mercury Retrograde
1. Don’t Make Agreements. It’s a horrible time for negotiating contracts or making big decisions. Avoid entering into any agreements or signing any legal documents.
2. Don’t Accept or Start a Job. If you do, you may regret it.
3. Don’t Close a big deal. Closing a deal is often based on taking advantage of great timing. Unfortunately, you’re timing couldn’t be worse when Mercury is retrograde. If you’re “selling” your ideas or your company’s products, avoid trying to “close the sale”. Or, somehow your customer will misunderstand your presentation. If you get the order, the customer may cancel it or change his mind.
4. Don’t Initiate New Projects. Avoid launching new projects or making that “big presentation.” You may find out later that you left out a vitally important detail that you didn’t think of. If your project is adopted, it may either fail or have to be totally restructured at a later date to succeed.
5. Don’t Schedule Important Meetings. Avoid (or minimize) scheduling meetings and events during Mercury retrograde, because you’re more likely to experience confusion, mistakes and cancellations.
6. Avoid Travel. Expect an unusual amount of last-minute flight cancellations, meeting postponements and long transportation delays. Allow extra time when traveling; make sure your bags are very secure. Take extra precautions, because during this time they may be more likely to be lost or stolen. Re-confirm your reservations, appointments and addresses for your meetings, as delays and cancellations can be expected.
7. Don’t Purchase Computers. This is when you’ll discover that you bought the “computer from hell.” You’ll regret not buying the three-year warranty the salesperson suggested. And, when you install your new software, expect glitches. Hard drives fail, so make sure to back them up ahead of time.
8. Don’t Repair Your Auto unless you absolutely have to. Repairs on the equipment in your car should be delayed. If you have to repair it, make sure to triple-check the work that was done. Understand that you may find out when Mercury goes direct that the repair wasn’t properly done and will have to be done again.
9. Don’t Make Major Purchases. That is – unless you enjoy making purchases that you’ll later regret because you discover that something was wrong with the purchase.
10. Don’t Start A New Friendships. They may seem nice enough and you may get along fine at the start. But the “lets get to know each other” stage could quickly turn into “let’s never talk to each other again.” once Mercury goes direct.
Good luck and be careful out there.